Skip to main content
Joe Borowski's meltdown aside, it has been a pretty good couple of days. Not sure where "Blood Brothers", the werewolf film, stands as far as a production right now. I refuse to sign away the creative rights to the movie, plain and simple. If I was being offered 100 thousand dollars ad a studio was fronting 20 million or more to produce my script, well hell yeah, I'd sign away. But not for a small indie movie, especially after what I went through previously.

The running is going great. My legs have new life. Seriously, no pain yet. I'm stoked about that and even imagine myself with a flat stomach someday. I know, a bit of a fantasy, but a guy can dream, can't he?

On Saturday we visited the Saugus Trail Station, which isn't a train station anymore, but a museum, and isn't even in Saugus anymore (it was moved to Newhall back in 1980). Sophie has a class assignment to learn more about Santa Clarita history. I'm pretty excited about all that she's learning, too. I think I was as thrilled as she was getting the scoop about the train station and some Santa Clarita history. Makes me want to haul out this old photo album I inherited from my grandfather after he died. The book chronicles a cross country trip taken by my great grandfather (I think) back in the early 20th century. The pictures are starting to fade, so now is the time to preserve them, I suppose. Time. Just. need. more. time.

Maybe I'll post a couple pictures every Sunday with whatever captions are attached to them.

I am still trying to get Geoff Stults for an interview. I suddenly have some hungry "October Road" fans eager for news on their favorite television show. Maybe that hunger will excite them to see a little something called "King's Highway."

Okay, I have to do some work on another thriller I'm trying o write for the manager guy.

I believe I will write a list of the stories I hope to accomplish this year. They are (in no particular order):

1. Rock band story with Joe
2. Thriller for manager guy
3. Romantic comedy
4. Horror noir comic book with my buddy Marsick
5. Kids adventure comic with Nate and Vill
6. Something....anything for the radio project!

That's it. I have to sty focused on these so that I can also keep up the Popdose writing and occasional emails and yes, entries to thunderbolt.

That's all for now.

Aloha

Comments

jeddiefan said…
Hi Scott! This is one of the Geoff Stults/October Road fans who's checking back to see if you've been able to get him for an interview yet. We Roadies are really looking forward to seeing that! Hope you are able to get him soon, as he will be pretty busy after OR gets picked up for season three next month. We have all been very busy with the "Pay October Road Forward" campaign -

http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/pay_october_road_forward_for_season_3_4_more

We not only want ABC to renew our beloved show but we fans are going the extra mile & using our own funds to spread the word about OR and to gain new viewers at the same time. Plus it really is a great feeling knowing we are donating a quality show to our kids to watch & for our soldiers to pass away the lonely hours in a faraway land. OR is a show whose time has come & we Roadies are determined to see it stay. Long Live the Road!

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of an Explanation

When I dropped off of the Internet, it wasn't meant to be a years long sabbatical. I thought I just needed a break; that I was getting burned out from writing Basement Songs and movie reviews for Popdose.com. Something cracked, though, and I couldn't consider writing even in a journal for a very long time. Things changed in the winter of 2017. While driving to pick up Jacob at theater rehearsal, I experienced my first panic attack. It started immediately after he got in the car at the theater and it slowly took over my body for the fifteen minute drive home. My skin became clammy and I felt myself removed from my body. My brain was empty and I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. I gutted it out until we walked through the front door. Without saying a word, I went upstairs, crawled into bed and got in the fetal position. I just wanted to close my eyes and shut out the world. The next morning I awoke exhausted, as if I'd exercised the previous day. That was the first time
MARATHON FOOTNOTES (for those who didn't think I would really footnote a stream of consciousness thought): Footnote #1 Academy Award Winning Best Picture Films from 1969 to the Present: Midnight Cowboy, Patton, The French Connection, The Godfather, The Sting, The Godfather II, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Rocky, Annie Hall, The Deer Hunter, Kramer Vs. Kramer, Ordinary People, Chariots of Fire, Gandhi, Terms of Endearment, Amadeus, Out of Africa, Platoon, The Last Emperor, Rain Man, Driving Miss Daisy, Dances With Wolves, The Silence of the Lambs, Unforgiven, Schindler’s List, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, The English Patient, Titanic, Shakespeare in Love, American Beauty, Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, Chicago, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Footnote #2 Members of the band YES, from 1969 to the present: In 1969, Yes is formed with Jon Anderson on vocals Peter Banks on guitar, Bill Bruford on drums, Tony Kaye on keyboards and Chris Squire playing bass. This group records

The End of the Explanation

I don't want to drag this out for a series of extended posts; there's no need to go into the minute details. So I'll wrap up my ongoing mental health journey with this post. After I basically quit writing, I began the work on myself. From 2017 to the middle of 2019, the only things I wrote were 10 minute dramas for our church, and let me tell you, even those were a challenge. But when God gives you a deadline, you don't mess around. There was a real depression that came with the relief of not writing or worrying about writing scripts. Again, if I wasn't writing, what was I doing? I really struggled with this question because we had moved from Ohio to Los Angeles so I could pursue a career in film. Even though I'd written and directed a movie, and sold a script, in my mind that wasn't good enough. I couldn't appreciate all of the great things in my life, and the solid career that I had forged in animation over 18 years. It took some real work: a lot o